Friday 7 March 2014

Winter Fox

Hi there,

it's week-end, jippie! And I am ready to craft.

Today I created a winter card, even though it feels all wrong and I'll have to keep it for next year. I see all the blogposts that mention icy temperatures and a really tough winter in America, but over here it's never been a proper winter at all. I haven't seen a single snowflake this "winter" and I had to scrape the car windows only 4 or 5 times... Today we had sunny 14 °C (about 57°F), the first trees are in bloom and spring is in the air. My daughters and I hit the garden today, me reading a book and the girls re-conquering the sand pit and the trampoline.




Normally this picture screams for frosty blues and greens, but instead I went for warm colors to match my spring mood.

I stamped the image and sentiment on thin vellum and heat embossed them very carfully in black. Then I colored the fox with Spectrum Noirs, which I found pretty tricky. The inks behaved entirely different. The background is one of the gelli plate prints I created a few weeks ago, by printing through a stencil. The blocks on the stencil are tiny in one corner and grow larger towards the opposite corner. In the lower left corner it didn't print well, that's why I chose to use it this way round, so I could cover part of that corner with the fox. And I am quite happy that I did, because this way it looks like a mild winter sun is shining down my little fox.


Warm wishes to all of you, especially to those who still have to suffer low temperatures
Ela

No comments:

Post a Comment