here I am again. My daughters are in a crafty mood lately, which means that I have some time to craft myself, because I like to be around when they do - to help where required and to prevent the worst mess. Today they wanted to watercolor and I created 2 more cards meanwhile.
Both are still "Stenciled" homework. The first is another try at a one-layer card with Kristina's splodges... I don't have a "color my day" sentiment, so I went for Birthday again. You can never have enough birthday cards anyway. This time I stayed in the yellows and reds and managed to stamp the sentiment straight. I also sponged on a splodge on the envelop and the inside.
The second idea is also from "Stenciled", but instead of misting I used one of my gelli plate prints again. I had so much fun creating them, so I really want to use them on cards too...
And again I didn't want to get out my acrylics just for the envelop, so I played with my new IZINKs. As I didn't buy the pink (should have!) my envelop turned out more yellow and orange than the card, I hope the recipient won't mind.
Again I failed stamping the sentiment, it turned out splotchy, so I stamped it again on white cardstock and put it on foam dots over the original.
While I was playing with the IZINKs, I wondered if and how they would react to water, so I took a scratch piece of paper (no watercolor paper, not even cardstock) and tried it out.
I dripped on a few drops of water in the orange and misted it with water on the red. It seems they react similar to distress inks, the drops are quite nice, and on the red the color bled out a little. You'll probably have to enlarge the picture to see that.
Challenge: Seize the Birthday "Anything goes"