Tuesday 11 March 2014

C&S 3, Day 1: Inlaid Birthday card

Hi again,

I had some more ideas on inlayed cards. I love this technique. I've done it before, but it never occurred to me, to layer my die cuts. Unfortuneately, I don't have many dies yet, I'll have to make the best of what I have...



For the panel I used my new IZINKs, some distress ink and lots of water to create a huge mess. I didn't like the panel, but I had put so much frustration in it, that I went ahead anyway. And now I quite like it after all. I also  love the colorful flowers and "happy" that I cut out of the panel, I'll try to use them too...

By now, day 2 is up, but I haven't checked yet. I wanted to get this card done dirst. I'm building suspense for myself...


Love
Ela


Challenge:
Virginia's View Challenge # 1: Watercolor

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love how your colorful panel turned out! Great job with the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black flowers on the multi coloured panel is very striking...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like it...no, I quite LOVE it!! The panel that you created is gorgeous! And the way you incorporated the inlay technique is awesome! Thanks so much for linking up to Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colourful design. The black inlay is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how to use my watercolor scraps and this would be perfect! Great card!

    ReplyDelete