Wednesday 5 March 2014

Clean and simple Birthday card

Hello crafters,

today I  decided to take Clean & Simple 3 from OOC. I enjoyed the last class - Stenciled - a lot, so I gave this class to myself.



Joining the class inspired my to do a very clean and simple card today, inspired by a picture my daughters gave me the other day.




Normally I probably would have tried to fill more of the blank space, but I think I quite like the simplicity.  I didn't take a picture of the matching envelop, but it's quite similar, I stamped the same hearts, just without the sentiment.

By the way: I created the heart stamps myself with some fun foam die cuts, because I don't have any large heart stamps. That is why the big heart is not perfectly stamped.


Happy crafting
Ela

Challenges:
Stempelgarten: One-Layer-Card
Seize the Birthday: Anything goes Birthday

10 comments:

  1. Love your card... Makes it even more fun that it came from your daughters... I never would have thought that the colors would work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for you message. I was also surprised how much I liked the color combo. And my daugthers were very exited, when I showed them my card this morning.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet idea to take inspiration from your daughters art work! Lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice idea to use the picture you daughter painted as inspitation! :-)
    In my eyes, this card is a perfect CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really wonderful card, I love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Stempelgarten challenge.
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ela, this is so wonderful, love the colours you combined. Great, simple but fantastic.

    Thank you very much for joining us at the Stempelgarten Challenge.

    Hugs and good luck
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ela,
    nice card! Thanks for joining us at Stempelgarten Challenge.
    x Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity too!
    I'm so glad you played along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ela,
    this is a great card. So simple but very beautiful. I love it.
    Kind regrds from switzerland
    Kate
    http://kate1975.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete