Sunday 23 March 2014

C&S Day 10: Dry embossing with diffusor

Hello Crafters,

I've seen this embossing folder from Darice a while ago and knew I needed it. It somehow reminded me of Friedensreich Hundertwasser and his silver spiral. So, from the start I had the idea of coloring it somehow.


Laurie's diffusors on day 10 of clean and simple 3 made my idea perfect. I created my own diffusors and embossed the folder on a watercolor card, with a blank strip for the sentiment.




Then I watercolored some of the circles randomly and stamped the sentiment in black. Close up you can see, that the watercoloring isn't perfect at all, I wanted the white lines to stay white, but the watercolor bled into them a lot. But hey, watercolor is meant to look like that...

As the watercolor paper is always a little different in color as my white cardstock, I chose a black card base which worked nicely to tie in the black sentiment. Of course I couldn't emboss or watercolor the envelop, so I created an embossed black lining. Unfortunately I didn't have thin black paper, so I had to use cardstock, which makes the envelop pretty heavy. A card for hand delivering. But I hand deliver most birthday cards anyway.

While I was doing this, my daughter Rebecca created an angry bird decoration, for her birthday party in June and asked me to upload it as well, so here it is.



You can't see it in the picture, but it's rather large about 30 cm (round about 12 inch) in diameter. I love, how they are so creative.And she loved that she was allowed to use my tombow markers...


Have a lovely day
Ela

No comments:

Post a Comment