Thursday 6 March 2014

Negative die cut - Hello Sunshine

Hello everyone,

today I have a day off, and I mean to enjoy it.

So I started off with a watercolor card and some die cutting:



I created the watercolor effect with distress inks on watercolor paper. For the envelop (in the back) I had to cheat a bit, the envelops don't take water very well... So I sponged the positive die cit with the same distress inks and dropped on only a few little drops of water to create some splotchyness.

Originally I intended to cut the top piece a little smaller and leave a small border of the card base looking out, but I used a different paper for the card base (I wanted the base a bit sturdier), and the difference would have shown. So I went for faux stiching instead.

Enjoy the day
Ela

Challenges:
Virginia's View Challenge # 1: Watercoloring
Creative friday #97: Negative diecut

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful & simple. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple yet so sweet! I love the shades of watercolors on the sentiment! So glad that you join the first Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card! Thanks for joining Creative Friday!
    Greetings Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Hello die - great card!

    ReplyDelete