I've not been very creative this week-end, maybe I am suffering from an overflow?
Yesterday I mass produced bookmarks for my daughters' birthday in June. They are all done, but I want to laminate them to make them more durable and then add some ribbon or yarn. So I first need to borrow a laminator, because I don't own one. After I've done that, I'll show you.
And today I managed two more cards, still with the layering technique. I had such an idea out poor on Monday, that I haven't even thought about the other techniques yet.
The background for the first card was again created with gelatos. The rest is just a variation of what I did before.
The second card is another early Christmas card. I used some patterned paper as a background. I had no matching red card stock, so I darkened a bright red with some brown distress ink. It didn't match the colour exactly and it's kind of cloudy, because cardstock wasn't very smooth, but it's toned down enough.
Inlaying the word over the delicate snowflake was a risk, so I stuck down the snowflake with heaps of adhesive and ran it through the big shot several times with a piece of card stock as a shim. In the end it was easier than I would have thought.
I glued on the positive die cuts to the envelops to make them match. I used a glue pen, which works exactly like a gel pen, only that it's filled with glue. So you can precisely glue down the tinyest pieces. I really hope it's strong enough, that would really solve a problem!
Have a nice day
Post a Comment