Friday 14 March 2014

Monster Girly and some total failures

Hello there,

my daughter are invited to a birthday tomorrow, and I still needed a card. I've made so many birthday cards lately, but the only one for kids is a rather boyish/ neutral card. And as the little princess had all glittery, pink fairies and unicorns on her wishlist, I wanted something girly. So I re-made the card and gave it a more girlish look.

Here's the original:




And my re-make:



I glittered the bows, the monster part of the sentiment and the pink matt and watercolored the monster for an uneven look. The background is again one of my gelli plate prints.


I also wanted to try out my tombow markers some more, but terribly failed. I wanted to achieve a simlar effect as Jennifer in this video. So I die cut the big Hello traced the edges of the negative and misted he panel to make the color bleed. But it didn't turn out the way I wanted at all. I'll show you anyway, I have no secrets. ;) Maybe someone has a clever tip for me.




Have a great week-end
Ela

3 comments:

  1. Love those cute little monsters, these cards will definitely bring a smile to someones day! And Good luck with perfecting Jennifer's technique, I've not tried it as yet, so am not much help I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate you using watercolor paper to mist the markers on? It is designed to accept the water and bleed out more attractively. You can get some at your at supply store. The store brands are not expensive at all. That's my suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That already was watercolor paper, so that was not the problem

    Love
    Ela

    ReplyDelete