Saturday 8 March 2014

Gelli printed happy Birthday

Hello again,

I created another card today, with one of my gelli plate prints and some of my new supplies.



I curved both parts of the sentiment to match the curve of the print. I didn't add any other embelishments, because the print is busy enough.

Fot the envelop I (once again) didn't want to mess around with acrylic paint, so I sponged on something new I got from Aladine, a French company. It's called IZINK, and seems to be some kind of thick liquid ink. I came across it the other day and instantly fell for the vibrant colors. The do tone down a bit when used, especially green and blue.

I just received them on Friday, so I haven't tried out much, but I think they can be used in many ways. On my swatch sheet below I put on a bit (less then a drop) of each color, then sponged and watercolored them on. For each of the techniques I use the tinyest bit, only what's on the outside if the dropper. You can also create mists with them, but I didn't want to mess with that right now.




The range of colors is quite nice. In addition to the colors I got (brights without shimmer) there are also black, brown and a darkish pink and a whole range of shimmer colors. If you want to check them out, here's the link: IZINK. There is also a video with ideas how to use them.

So, that's it for now, have a nice day
Ela



Challenge: Seize the Birthday "Anything goes"

3 comments:

  1. Hallo Ela, das ist eine wunderschöne Karte, ich bin ganz begeistert. Überhaupt gefallen mir Deine Werke gut, daher werde ich Deinen Blog gleich abonnieren. :-)
    Wünsche Dir noch viele kreative Ideen, Ursina

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is something I have not seen before, thanks for sharing the technique. Beautiful colors and good idea to curve the sentiment!! Thank you for linking up to Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! What a cool technique. Fabulous card - thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete