Tuesday 30 September 2014

Another cuppa

Hey Coffee Lovers,

the Coffee bolg hop inspired me, to create another coffee card, even tough the hop is already closed and I can't upload my card anymore.

As I said yesterday, I only have one coffee related stamp, the Lawn Fawn winter fox, with the little cup. I love the image, but I wanted to use something different, so I drew my own mugs with a copic multiliner. Then I colored them with my spectrum noir markers. Quite simple coloring, nothing too fancy.

For the coffee I used a tombow marker, I don't have a dark brown alcohol marker.



With the cups colored and fuzzy cut, I didn't quite know what to do with them. I had a line of brightly colored cups in mind when I started out, but no clear view on what to put them. Then I thought I'd like some steam coming from them and pulled out a swirly embossing folder and embossed a torn strip of vellum. That looked nice, but too subtle, so I added a second layer of torn vellum behind it and tore my embossed piece a little slimmer. Now unfortunately it doen't look like steam swirls anymore. 

In the end I played with the pieces quite a bit, until I finally assembled the card, all the while thinking that I'm not quite happy with it. I was rather surprised, that I liked the card after all, when it was done. 

And what do we learn? Never dump it, just go on! You might surprise yourself.


Hugs
Ela



Challenges:
Simon says stamp: Anything goes

No comments:

Post a Comment