Friday 19 September 2014

Embossing paste and watercolor

Hello Everyone,

I absolutely wanted to try the technique Jennifer McGuire showed a few days ago, watercolor on embossing paste. So I created a panel with blue and green tones, that I liked a lot. But when it had all dried (a day later) I was a little at loss what to do with it.

I decided to combine it with some vellum and die cut feathers, so here it is:



I hadn't planned it, but in the end it turned into a rather free interpretation of the "Make the day special" sketch. 

 I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of vellum. The feathers are also cut from vellum. For the first version I had the circle in white and the feathers colored with distress inks, but I didn't like the harsh white circle, so I sponged it in soft pool. But now the colored feathers were quite lost, so I cut them again to have them non-colored. I added some rhinestones for some bling. 


I adhered another vellum feather to the inside and cut the feathers again from fun foam to use as a stamp for the envelop.

To be honest: That's not one of my favorite cards, it somehow just didn't work out  how I imagined. Maybe I like it better tomorrow. Or maybe I should add a small white mat to the colored panel? I'll think about that.
What do you think? Any suggestions? My Ex hubby said he liked it. But on the other hand, we're friends, he'd shamelessly lie so as not to hurt my feelings...


Hope you have a great day
Ela


Challenges:
Stempelküche: Schablone / Stencil
Make the day special: Sketch




No comments:

Post a Comment