Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Sequins, daisies and watercolor

Hey Crafters,

now that I am back home, the holidays are doing me really good. We visited a local museum today, and it was really interessting and relatively relaxed, though our girls went from "Wow that so cool" straight to "Boooring" and back. 

Afterwards, my mother-in-law invited them for dinner, and I used the time to play. 

As I built my little matchbox sequins shelf the other day, I wanted to use my sequins for a change, instead of hoarding them, so I created 2 more sequins cards. Which is very fitting at that, because there is a sequin challenge on a German Blog: Stempelküche-Challenge #1: Pailletten

So, for the first card, I used the already known idea of a water color panel behind negative die cutting, this time with my daisies die. I added some sequins in matching colors for a change. As the leftover from the panel wasn't big enough to die cut the daisies for the envelop, I watercolored the flap very carefully with as little water as possible, as it's no watercolor paper.


For the second card, I wanted to try something different, so I created another watercolor panel, which I totally overworked. It's a luck, that the daisies are so delicate, so you don't see to much of the panel at a time. 

I die cut a the daisies twice from different sides of the paper and twice from white cardstock. Glued them together so the white created a small shadow behind the colored daisies. Then I adhered it to a grey panel and added two strips of torn vellum. I covered the messy looking part with the stems behind the vellum with the sentiment, which is matted with another piece of the watercolor panel. And at last, I added matching red sequins. For the envelop I cut a third set if daisies.



Hope you have a great day
Ela

Challenges: Stempelküche-Challenge #1: Pailletten

No comments:

Post a comment