Tuesday 12 August 2014

Happy birthday fishes

Hello Crafters,

hope you had a good start into the new week. For me it's the last week before I go on holidays. My girls are already away, with their grandma and aunt, and I am enjoying a calm week - actually, it's a bit lonely, without all the noise in the house, but I am resolved to enjoy!

So last night, I finally finished my first ever shaker card, which - in parts - has been sitting in on my craft desk for at least 3 weeks. I had too many cards to make lately, so this one lost attention.

But now it's done, and I am pretty content with it, except for the fact that my sequins seem to stick to the foam tape. Next time I'll have to remove the stickiness from the sides of the foam somehow.


As you can see, it was inspired by the Simon says Stamp release, with the fishbowl stampset and dies. I don't have the set, I just can't order from the USA all the time, but I have a similar stencil, and a set of sequins in perfect watery teal colors. So I cut the bowl with my Fiskars Shape Cutter and used my daughters' simple stencil to trace and fussy cut the big fish. Then I colored them with distress inks and water.

For the card base I used several blue and teal shadow inks with the stencil and stamped some water plants in green. Actually, it's a cattail stamp, but I masked off the thick bit on the top, to make it look like grassy water plants. Then I randomly drew a swarm of little fish with my copic liner, stamped and die cut the sentiment an put it all together.

Speaking of cat tails... My little devil seems to like it too:





Hope you have a good day
Ela

No comments:

Post a Comment