Friday 25 October 2019

Murphy's wreath

Hello Crafters, 

I hope you are all well. I had a nice surprise yesterday, to cheer me up. My Llama card made it in the top three over at Cardz 4 Guyz. Thanks you so much!


Today's card on the other hand, is a bit of a catastrophe, I am still not sure I'd really like to show it. 

I loved how my wreath turned out the other day, so I wanted to use the same stamp again, but create a different card.


I decided to heat emboss it on a piece of vellum and colour it from the back with my alcohol markers. That turned out very muted which I had expected, but still didn't like. So I added more colour from the front, taking care not to touch the embossing too much. That was much better, but got lost a bit on the striped background I had created with my metallic water colours. 
  So, I dared to double up the vellum. Since I didn't want the adhesive to show, I covered the complete area with liquid glue, believing the markers already dry. Well, they were not, if you look closely you can see quite a bit of bleeding around the image. 

That's when I was ready to trash it, but my youngest insisted for me to continue and decide that the bleeding was deliberate... 

So I cut out the wreath, leaving a border and adhered it to my silver striped card base with tiny pieces of foam squares - that's the upside, the double vellum and colour completely hides the adhesive.


Wanting to dress up the matching envelope, I added the same stripes to the flap and framed the address area. But I really didn't like how that looked, so I also added a few whimsical flowers, which I thought matched the wreath in style and coloured them with ZIG markers - not alcohol this time.

I still think this card is not right, maybe I should have added a black edge (tried that, looked like a sympathy card)? Or doodled stitching? Or trashed it after all? But since it's finished now, I'll keep it. Maybe inspiration strikes in a week or two... 
Any suggestions are welcome.


Hugs
Ela



Challenges: 
Just Add Ink: #480 Just add a technique (heat embossing on vellum)



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on top 3... it’s a great card.
    Love how you doubled up the vellum on your wreath. Will have to remember that trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mistake with the glue actually gives the wreath a lovely watercolour effect, delightful card. Thank you for sharing it with us for our challenge at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete