Thursday 10 October 2019

Flowery Greetings


Hello Crafters, 

how have you been keeping? Sadly my holiday is already over and the workload is already getting on my nerves. But at least I am still in the mood for lots of crafting, so I have a few cards in line for you. Unfortunately, now my household desperately needs my attention on the week-end. Where can I apply for a 48-hour-day?

Here is the 2nd card I created with the colouring book page a few says ago. I used pretty much the same concept as before, but changed it up a bit.



Since I had cut the flower for the other card from this piece, I didn't have a full card size anymore, so I cut it narrow and adhered it to a black card base. I have a set of cheap metallic watercolours I used a few days ago, to create some backgrounds (that I still need to use). These were still sitting on my desk and I noticed that the blue colour is a pretty good match to the teal I used in my colouring book. So I added to very thin strips of shimmery metallic paper along the edges. 

I also wanted to use a vellum circle this time, but that got a bit lost, so I cut a very narrow ring from the same metallic water coloured paper and adhered it to the vellum circle. That also gave me a spot to hide the adhesive. 

In the end I had to add some sequins, because there was a smeared spot on my paper. 

I am still not sure, which of of them I like better  - as usual. Here they are, side by side:




Have a brilliant day
Ela


Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More: #362 make your mark




2 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful, Ela. The shimmery watercolour strips are a great addition. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pretty colouring page has given you another gorgeous card, Ela and I love the metallic strips on the edges. The coloured frame also really helps the vellum circle to pop.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete