Tuesday 29 October 2019

Film strip Birthday card

Hi Crafters, 

how is life treating you? 

Today I'd like to show you another of the stencilled card panels I created a while ago. I have three sets of 15x15 cm stencils from a cheap dutch chain store nearby. One of them inspired me to create my new stamp storage boxes and I wanted to try out a few more of the designs.

One of them has these lines of arrows. I masked off three of them and blended a strip across my card. That looked a bit empty, so I added 2 more lines in green in between. I had originally intended to use a circle and an image on top of that strip. But since I messed up the blending on the centre line of arrows, I needed to cover that up.




To do so, I picked this film strip die and stamped the smallest critter stamps I could find on the individual windows. Since the images are so small, Polychromos pencils seemed to be the easiest option for some very simple colouring.

Then I adhered the film strip and the panel itself with foam adhesive to a white card base. In hindsight, I think I would have preferred the filmstrip flat. 

My girls immediately claimed the card for one of their friends, who's birthday is coming up. I however am not entirely content with it. I think I'll try the same idea and change it up a bit sometime.


Have a beautiful day
Ela




Challenges:

Seize the Birthday: Anything goes Birthday
 
 







5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! This is adorable! Popped up or flat, either way, it's very cute and I can see why your daughters wanted it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever idea to put the critters into the film strip! What a cute birthday card! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cuuute... no surprise your daughter snatched it up. Very clever to add the film strip as a cover up. Beautiful job colouring the small images, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the graphic look on your stenciled strips, Ela and the filmstrip looks so much at home that nobody would know its a cover up! Super design.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Das ist eine total niedliche Idee und Gestaltung, gefällt mir super gut!!
    LG Gundi

    ReplyDelete