Wednesday 3 September 2014

Stenciled homework: Water colored bird

Hi again, 

I did have a creative night last night. I wanted to create a card with structure for a challenge, but when I had completed my water coloring, I was so happy with it, I didn't dare add structure paste as I had intended... So I kept it very CAS and one layer:



The sentiment says "Get well" in German and is espresso, not black. It's a bit softer, and there is some brown but no black in the water coloring.

The bird I colored through a stencil, a technique I learnt at "Stenciled". I used my water color pencils for it and kept with blues and greens mainly. 

It reminds me of a kingfisher, though it was actually intended as a fantasy bird. For a true kingfisher the beak would have to be bluish dark and longer and the belly would have to be orange. But still it reminds me of one. 

For once I managed not to overwork it and I am really happy with how it turned out. 


Love
Ela


Challenges:
clean&simple: 305 (Hope it is ok, that the sentiment moved to the left a bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment