Sunday 28 September 2014

My imaginary chameleon

Hey there,

hope you're all fine.

We had the best day today, at a local corn maize. Getting lost about a million times. The weather was perfect and the people we met all nice. It was great.

And we even came back in time to finish the card I had started in the morning.



I used my new graphic stencil to apply Versamark ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. I love how that looks on craft. I got the idea from Anni, thanks! 

The chameleon is watercolored and fuzzy cut with a small white border, which I had to touch up quite a bit with my white gel pen. I used the wrong sort of watercolor paper for him. It's the cheaper one, which doesn't handle water as well as my more expensive one. 

The sentiment is heat embossed in black on some torn vellum. I really love that sentiment, it says "My imaginary friend said you're special". Because I didn't have any layer to hide the ends of the vellum under, I adhered two pieces of thin, off-white paper with rounded corners to the insides.

For the envelop I sponged on some antique linen and vintage foto distress inks with the same stencil. 

I really like how the card turned out, even though I am not entirely happy with  my coloring, I think I could have done that way better, if I hadn't been in a hurry.



Have a good start in the new week.
Ela



Challenges:
Simon says stamp: Anything goes

No comments:

Post a Comment