Saturday 15 November 2014

Challange up your life: Challenge #2 Banner, Girlande oder Kranz / Banners, garlands or wreaths



Hi Crafters,

today we are challenging you again, over at 



The Challenge this time is:

Challenge #2 Banners, Garlands or Wreaths


This challenge really inspired me, I created not only one card, but four, though two of them probably count as one.




These are very simple cards. I used the paper smooches botanical 2 set and shadow inks to create the wreaths and also the mistletoe on the envelope. Then I stamped the sentiment and added the red bow with a glue dot. Last step was to add the red ornaments/berries with a red paper pen. These take a while to dry, so that should always be the last step.

Already while I was creating the first two cards, I thought about using snowflakes to create another wreath. Unfortunately I lost my snowflake set last year – to my long lasting distress. But there are a few tiny snowflake that are just the right size in the lawn fawn frosty friends set. 



I stamped them in white pigment ink on black cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder. Then I lightly applied some more of the white ink with a dry baby wipe around the edges, to create the blackboard look and adhered the panel to a white card base. I actually wanted teal dots for this card, but I had neither teal ribbon or a teal paper pen, so I went with red again.




For the last card I wanted a less classic wreath, but still Christmas themed. So I stamped, colored and die cut a bunch of the tiny images that come with lawn fawn’s trim the tree set. I arranged them in a circle and glued them down on a craft card base. And then I messed up the sentiment by stamping it crooked.
That really annoyed me, it was just a tiny bit, but it was noticeable… I wondered with what I could cover it, but it was a two line sentiment, so an ordinary banner wouldn’t have worked. That’s why I chose the larger banner, stamped it an cut it out, just to see if it would be large enough. But I didn’t like it in white, so I thought I’d try to color it with alcohol markers. And I think it turned out quite nice in red.
For the envelope I adhered three more of the tiny items to the flap.


I really hope you’ll take the challenge and have some fun with us!
Ela



Challenge:
Festive Friday:  #44 Picture inspiration



5 comments:

  1. Du warst so dermaßen fleißig für diese Challenge, ich bin echt beeindruckt! Am allerbesten gefällt mir die letzte Karte mit den süßen Weihnachtsstempelchen! Die ist so bezaubernd :D LG, Manu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ela, Deine Karten sind der Knaller. Ich mag die Chalkboard Karte. Die ist einfach cool.
    Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ela, deine Chalkboard-Karte ist so schön! Und du warst wirklich, wirklich fleißig, das ist toll!
    Liebe Grüße
    Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ela, ich bin auch ein Fan von der letzten. Ich liebe Lawn Fawn zurzeit einfach 😀 - obwohl mich das tolle Chalkboard auch beeindruckt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all wonderful! Love the pops of colour of your whimsical toy wreath and the simplicity of your FF submission! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete