Monday 20 October 2014

Starry birthday



Hello Everyone,

Another week has started. Over here where we live, the kids are on holidays for two weeks now. I am glad to have them home and spend more time together, but unfortunately I got only one week off, so this week I still have to work. 
That’s not quite so relaxed, because in addition to a bored cat who wants me to play with here when I have to work, I now also have the girls as my desk every 10 minutes wanting something or other. I tried getting the kids to play with the cat, which works fine for about 10 minutes, but after that my girls get bored while the cat is still very enthusiastic about the game.

Anyway, I’d like to show you another card I created this week-end.

I tried out the faux embossing technique with this. A lovely technique, though a bit messy, depending on how large your die cut is.

I die cut heaps and heaps of stars with the Paper Smooches stars dies and adhered them randomly all over the card base. Then I die cut the sentiment, also with Paper Smooches dies, and colored them with alcohol markers.

To round it off, I adhered a few random sequins in matching colors all over the card.

As usual I embellished the envelope to match with more stars.


Hope you have a great week
Ela



Challenges:

Make the day special: Try a technique
Seize the Borthday: Anything goes
Paper Smooches: Anything goes

4 comments:

  1. So very CAS – absolutely love your color choices (or almost lack thereof ;) ) and the entire style of your cards. Lovely!

    Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this CAS card really pops! Love the stars AND the die cut sentiment!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love what you did with the faux embossing. Fabulous card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! I LOVE this to pieces!! =) THANKS so MUCH for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenges and have a Fabulous Week!! =) I hope you'll join us again!! =)

    ReplyDelete