Friday 3 October 2014

Ironing Night

Hey Crafters,

I am practically drowning in baskets full of ironing to to, so I declared last night ironing night. Consequently I spent a very busy evening crafting and I didn't iron one piece. Though I did fold up a hand full of socks (literally).

Man, I am such a housewife.

Anyways, I'll show you what I did.



The idea for this card hit me, when I found an all over the page tiny star punch in a little shop. I used it to punch the stars all over a white panel. That took a while, the punch is not too big... I sponged the starry panel with distress inks and underlayed it with yellow card stock to make  the stars shine bright.. Then I tore two pieces of white card stock to layer as snow backs. The top layer with the sentiment is popped up on foam dots.

Close-up

I stamped the trees with antique linen distress ink and water coloured them with my Inktense pencils, using the no lines technique, which is new to me. When they were dry I used my embossing pen and white embossing powder to create the snow on the tree.

After I had assembled it all, I thought that the lower left corner was a bit empty, so I stamped the bird and coloured it with the same technique. I decided to give it a shadow, and once I had adhered it, I realised that now the tree needed a shadow too, to ground it.

For the envelop I stamped a lot of small stars in yellow on a white envelop. 


Have a great week-end
Ela


Challenges:
Make the day special: Try a technique

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Gorgeous effect- and sticking down all those stars must have taken forever! Great attention to detail- thanks for joining us over at Make The Day Special challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keren. Actually they are punched out rather than glued on.
      Hugs
      Ela

      Delete