Saturday 22 February 2014

Monster madness

Hello Crafter's

Saturdays are "my days", meaning that my daughters walk over to their grandparents, where they have breakfast, while I can sleep in. In theory anyway.

For months after we started this arrangement, they used to start their Saturdays by crashing down my bedroom door, jumping in (and on) my bed and yelling "Mum, we're leaving, you can sleep in today!!!"on the top of their voices.

By now, they don't usually do that anymore. Except today, they got up at 5 am, woke me to tell me so and wanted to leave straight away, because granny always says she gets up early anyway. What did I do wrong??? I am sooo tired now!

But I still want to show you a card I made this week:




I stamped the monster on green cardstock, cut it out and added googly eyes and some white gel pen for the tooth. Then I cut one of my monoprints to size, matted it with a piece of the same green cardstock and die cut a circle for the little monster, so it could sit on white. I created the speechbubble with an oval stencil and my fiskars cutting tool, leaving a bit at the bottom uncut, so I could freehand the arrow. The sentiment says "Monster birthday wishes" and is added with foam adhesive, like the monster.

Then I pimped the envelop (one of my new ones from the trade show) by sponing  on distress inks with the same stencil. The colors don't match exactly, but I didn't want to mess with the gelli plate and acrylic paint just for the envelop...

And while I was at it, I also modified an envelop for one of the stenciled cards I did a few weeks ago. On the card, I used gelatos, but on the envelop it's distress ink. But the colors match surprisingly well.





Hope you  all have a great week-end.
 Ela

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ela. I love monster stamps! And that butterfly card is really gorgeous!

    I read your last comment on my blog. I think one thing we really *don't* have to hoard is patterned papers, because the paper companies are coming out with new collections *all the time,* like literally every six months, for the trade shows. You may love one stack of paper you have, but when you use it, I promise you'll find another stack you love just as much. Fashions in stamps and embellishments change, but paper is perennial. So tear away! :)

    ReplyDelete