Tuesday 15 October 2019

Poinsettia Christmas

Hello Crafters, 

how have you been? 

Last night, I totally channelled my inner Kelly Latevola and created this card. I used ZIG markers and only little water to colour in the image. When I didn't like the results, I added more shading with alcohol markers. Looking up poinsettias on the Internet, I found that they have a slight bend in the middle, which makes half of the leaf/petal look lighter than the other, because they catch the light differently. Since I hadn't achieved that effect, I used a mini flat blending brush and white pigment ink, to brighten up individual leaf halves.



Then I fuzzy cut the image out and started fiddling with the sentiment and card base, which was  created with watercolours. The bottom bit that looks grey is actually silver water colour. The sentiment gave me big trouble, I didn't feel I had anywhere to place it. And I had already put foam on the blue panel, stupid me. So I ended up heat embossing it right across the image.

So, why do I feel I channelled Kelly's spirit?
For one it's a floral.
Secondly I combined water colour and alcohol markers, which is something she often does.
I also used pigment powered water splatters for the background and just a touch of silver water colour to put some shine on the petals.
And I messed up this card in so many ways, it's a miracle I actually still like the final result. But I didn't start over!
And  finally: Having used white pigment ink, I outlined everything.

Kelly, if ever you read this, I love your cards and your story time. Thanks for inspiring me!


I actually do like how it turned out, even tough there is so many details I feel I screwed up.

Have a beautiful day
Ela


Challenges:
Simon says Stamp: Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment