Tuesday 10 October 2017

Unicorn stickers

Hey Crafters, 

how are you all? I hope you're all well.

Today I'd like to show you another card with the colouring stickers. This time I used one of the girlie sets, to create a Birthday card for a school friend of my daughters'. Unicorns are very popular at our school right now. 



I started out without knowing where I wanted to go with this card, I just knew I needed it quick. My girls suggested unicorns, and since I don't have any unicorn stamps I decided to use one of the stickers. I chose the easiest one, because I wanted rainbow hair and the sectioned mane seemed best for that. I coloured the image with alcohol markers, with rather simple shading. As I wanted to pop up the sticker, I adhered it to white card stock and cut it out. 

When trying to arrange it on the card base, I decided the image is a bit small, so I coloured the cloud and rainbow as well and also stuck it to card stock. 

I had planned to just sponge a bit of blue behind the unicorn, but with two images that didn't seem a good solution anymore. So I decided to sponge on some clouds. Turned out, I don't even own a cloud stencil, so I used a piece of card stock to create my own. I used a rather long strip and cut cloud shapes from both sides, so I could turn and move the stencil to get different arrangements. I think that turned out pretty cool, I'm glad I did it that way. 

I stamped a nice Birthday sentiment and added a few sequins in rainbow colours. At last, I added lots and lots of Wink of Stella, because unicorns must be glittery. 

When I was done, by daughter instantly claimed that card for herself and didn't want to give it away, so we recreated it with a different unicorn for her. Only hers is not a card, just a panel, so she can put it on her magnet wall. In the end she was very happy to keep the new version, because we had made it together and she'd done all the sponging and part of the colouring herself.


Now have a magic day!
Ela


Challenges: 
Fusion: Sunshine on a cloudy day 
Stempelküche: #79 Märchenhaft/fairy tales
TCP:  #340 Sparkly
Seize the Birthday: Anything goes Birthday 
Addicted to Stamps and More: #262 Make your mark




 




6 comments:

  1. Ela, this is such a sweet card, I bet your daughters friend will love it! This is aa perfect My Little Pony! Thank you for joining us at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unicorns are so popular at the moment!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and I love the story behind it. Thanks so much for joining us at The Cat's Pajamas TCPTUES Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely!Thanks for joining us at Stempelküche-challenge. Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Mädchenträume, soo schön! Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelküche-Challenge! LG Biggi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cloud background is perfect for those sweet images. Thank you for joining the TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas.

    ReplyDelete