Friday 6 October 2017

Alien Party Alarm

Hi Crafters, 

how are you? we are enjoying the holidays a lot.

A while ago, I found some amazing stickers at the Dollar store (actually Euro store, but that sounds wrong to me). They are colouring stickers, so you can customise them yourself. I bought a pack with robots, because I liked them a  lot and I have that cogwheel die, that goes so well with them. But it turned out there are 4 sheets (48 stickers) in the set, with all different images: robots, pirates, dinosaurs and aliens.


So I guess that's sufficient for all the Birthday cards for the two baby boys in our family for the next few years, and it cost me only one Euro. I have actually already gone back and got myself some of the other sets, with unicorns, mermaids, fairies etc.



I started by colouring one of the images, just to try how they would stand up to alcohol markers. They do, but they bleed quite a bit, if you apply lots of colour, so I had to be a bit careful with my colouring. 

When I was done I though "Man, he looks grim, can I even use him?" So I decided the sentiment would have to  be something aggressive, like party attack or party alarm. 

That decided, I created a galaxy background with water colours, because I really, really wanted to try that for ages, and never had a great idea how to use it. So this was my chance, and I grabbed it. 

I didn't like who my first galaxy turned out, so I created a second one. I think that one could have been darker in places, but as the first was too dark, I went with it. I didn't want it to end up too dark again. 

To give the alien something to look at, I coloured one of the smaller images, a planet. Then I die cut the word party from white card stock and created an ombre effect on the letters with my alcohol markers. I also die cut a that spiky comics speech bubble, coloured it bright yellow and stamped alarm on it. 

When I had it all adhered down, I realised  that the dark background shimmers through the stickers, but I couldn't peel them up again. Next time I want to use and of them on a dark background I'll back them with white card first. 

Anyway, I like how it turned out and I am very content with these stickers. Here's a closer look at the boys set.


Have a nice day
Ela



Challenges:
Seize the Birthday: Anything goes Birthday 
Addicted to Stamps and More: #262 Make your mark
 
  








2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, great stickers! Thanks for joining us at ATSM
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is great! I am totally WOWED!! by your incredible background!! Amazing : )

    Thank you so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete