Sunday 27 July 2014

Summer holidays

Hey Crafters,

finally the summer holidays have started. And only two days into the holidays, I already feel like time is running out. We have so many things planned for the summer. I really hope we get some nice weather this year, sunny and warm, but not too hot.

But now I'd like to show you the results of my busy last week of term. My daughters will have a new teacher next year, so we wanted to say thanks to the teachers they had during their first 2 years.

I don't have a teacher stampset, so I had make do with the supplies I have. I used an alphabeth background stamp to stamp with versamark on a red cardbase, for the background. Then I created a black panel, on which I white embossed my stamping and then shadow stamped it again in white pigment ink. That was hardly visible, therefore I traced the lines with a white inktense pencil. Then I embossed the second heart on red cardstock, cut it out and added it to the panel. I created the chalk effect with white ink sponging and stamped a woodgrain background stamp in brown ink on a craft panel. Then I cut out the inside to create a frame and adhered it to my blackboard. Finally I used foam pads to adhere the blackboard onto the card base.




And my girls pained clay flower pots  with bright acrylic paints to create a personal gift. I glued two pot bottom to bottom, creating a kind of tower, to make them more fun, and my mother-in-law got us some pretty flowers for it (she's a florist).



And then, there was another card we needed, for a school friend who had her birthday on the very last day of term. She likes to draw StyleModels, so I created a very simple one layer StyleModel card, coloring the girl with my colored pencils (Faber Castell watercolor and Derwent Inktense). Then I just stamped a birthday sentiment and rounded two corners.




As I don't usually use my colored pencils dry, I am pretty content with the result.


Now I better run, tomorrow is my long office day, which means I have some work do be done today. What a pity, the weather is nice, and I really don't feel like work at all.

Love
Ela

No comments:

Post a Comment