Tuesday 24 March 2015

Unchanging Chameleon

Hi Crafters,

for the next two weeks, Create a Smile Stamps are challenging us, to let ourselves be inspired by their design team. They are a new stamp company, based in Germany, with a fabulous international design team. 

I immediately wanted to participate. I picked this card by Christine, because the grey outlines really appealed to me and besides they made me want to use the “you color my world” sentiment and the chameleon which are in my only Create a Smile stamp set.




 I masked off a border, stamped the image in grey ink and traced the outline with a grey alcohol marker, fading it out. Then I cut out and colored my focal Chameleon and created the sentiment banner. Instead of enamel arrows I used green and yellow sequins, which I found more fitting for my version of the card, because a Chameleon is not smooth and shiny, but rather a little rough.






I really enjoyed making this card and I am pleased with the outcome and I already have another card in mind, that I'd really like to re-create. I should make more time for crafty Challenges. 


That’s it from me for today,  have a bright day

Ela



Challenges:
Create a Smile:  CAS(e) the DT
Stempelküche: #15 Vierbeiner
The daily marker: 30 days coloring 
Addicted to CAS: #59 green

13 comments:

  1. Wow, das ist ein klasse CASE geworden! Gefällt mir total gut, dein Chameleon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, ich sehe gerade, bei der Vierbeiner-Challenge hast du die Karte auch eingereicht. Die Idee ist auch nicht schlecht! Ein Chameleon ist mir dabei nun wirklich gar nicht in den Sinn gekommen. Aber vier Beine hat es, daran gibt's nix zu deuteln. Danke für's Mitmachen bei der Stempelküche-Challenge.

      Delete
  2. Liebe Ela, das Kärtchen sieht klasse aus und der Text ist super dazu!!

    liebe Grüße

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Die ist ja suuuuuuper! Stimmt, das Chamäleon passt auch perfekt zum Kontrast mit grau.

    Vielen Dank für's Mitspielen bei Create A Smile:)
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, was so alles vier Beine hat... :-)))
    Die Karte ist superklasse geworden! Danke fürs Zeigen bei der Stempelküche-Challenge!
    LG Biggi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Love your technique~ Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Ela! Love that gray background and the awesome chameleon! Thanks for sharing this with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your card is awesome!! Love the background and that chamelon is s beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us over at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Die Karte ist unglaublich! Genial! Mit fünftausend Ausrufezeichen!
    Durch den Rand wirkt es noch viel toller und außergewöhnlicher. Und ja, der kleine Kerl hat vier Beine, also danke fürs Mitspielen bei der Stempelküche-Challenge!
    Liebe Grüße,
    Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great card love, love your take on that awesome card from Christine. Thank you for joining us over at create a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sehr schöne Karte mit nem tollen Spruch!Danke für deine Teilnahme an der Stempelküche-challenge. LG,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an awesome card design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ela, das ist ja ein echter Eye-Catcher! :-) Gefällt mir sehr gut.

    ReplyDelete