Saturday 28 March 2015

Mad doodling

Hi Crafters,

today I have something entirely different to show you, though it is still a card. 

These days I stumbled across the wonderful designs of Dyan Reaveley, creator of Dylusions, and I spent about two night watching her videos. I am in love with what she does, ever since I first saw her works, but I don't have any of her spray mists and have actually shied away from the mess. I have a dedicated craft space, but it is in my living room and it's messy enough as it is.

However, right now I really wish I could afford to buy all her beautiful bright mists, and stencils and stamp sets.

Inspired by that feeling, I decided to follow one of her video tutorials and doodle a little - well a lot. 



First I created random curved intersecting lines with my Copic Multiliner. Than I picked 4-5 areas for each pattern, doodling in the spaces. With that done, I colored the patterns with bright alcohol markers. Then I traced the areas again with the black liner. 

Half way through the process, I realized that the stencil I had in mind didn't work the way I wanted it, so I changed the plan and used a flower instead, which is more intricate that I would have wanted for this. The black acrylic paint I sponged all over it seeped underneath quite a bit, probably would have been better with a more solid image (or more care). 

The edges of the black paint I faded out a little with a baby wipe. After the paint had dried, I added sketchy white doodling, a simple white sentiment banner and adhered it all to a white card base.

Admitedly, I am disappointed that he image didn't turn out as crisp, but as Dyan says: it can be messy, you needn't be neat!

I hope you'll like it, though it's so entirely different from what I usually do. Have a nice day
Ela




Challenges:
The daily marker: 30 days coloring

2 comments:

  1. Wow, da hast du ja wirklich fleißig gedoodled! Die Karte finde ich total toll. Ich matsche ja auch für mein Leben gern, aber weil ich in meinem Büro ebenfalls immer aufpassen und nach dem Matschen schnell aufräumen muss, mache ich es nur selten. Das mit dem Doodlen ist eine tolle Alternative. Ich finde, deine Karte ist richtig gut gelungen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ahhh love your doodle!

    ReplyDelete