Sunday 15 March 2015

Guesting for The Alley Way Stamps

Hello Everyone,

BIG News:
This month (March) I am joining the marvelous design team over at The Alley Way Stamps as a guest designer. I am so excited and proud, I still can't believe it. Thanks Alison and Chrissie for the opportunity!
I simply love TAWS stamps, the images are so versatile and playful and the fonts are just great! And they are really good quality. 

So, here is my first card as a guest designer.



For this card I used the set Petal Pushers and picked the large rose image. I stamped it several times all over the water color panel. Then I water colored all the roses in grey, except the focal one, which I colored pink. I tried to create depth with a little shading. 

While the roses dried I picked a grey card base and created a pink mat for the main panel. As I didn't have matching pink cardstock I sponged pink distress in on the edges of a white piece of cardstock. The sentiment is from Monster Mash. It actually says "My imaginary friend said you're special", which I think is so cool. But this time I just masked off the first part and only stamped and embossed "you're special".

When all was dry I cut a small slit along the edge of the pink rose and tucked in the banner before assembling the card.



For the second card I also used Petal Pushers and picked the small bloom which reminded me of flying dandelion seeds. I stamped and embossed several of them on water color paper, to make it look like they were flying off. Thinking about flying seeds and the magic of nature, I figured out which sentiment I wanted and pieced it from the set Christmas Magic.

 

From the magic of nature, I drifted to magic wands and flying rainbow sparks, so I decided magic means rainbow (which is again magic of nature).
I wet the paper with clear water, creating an irregular shape with uneven edges. Then I just dropped in the colors in rainbow order and let the water do the main work, helping it along here and there with my brush. 

After I was happy with the colors and the panel had dried, I wiped off the color from the embossing to make it shine and mounted the panel with foam tape onto another grey card base. As finishing touched I added a few small rhinestones, because magic needs to be sparkly, doesn't it?


I do hope you like what I created, because I definitely love creating with these wonderful stamps.

Have a great time
Ela


Challenges:
The daily marker: 30 days coloring

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to your guest designer spot. Your cards are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being Guest Designer Ela
    ich wohne in Munich
    ich komme aber aus Indonesien
    do you speak German too Ela I guess yes :)
    Your card is FANTABULOUS
    I love the idea only coloring one pink card and the second one
    you have to teach me how to make that color like that...AMAZING
    card hope we can make a friend
    where do you life?
    see you maybe one day if we can meet in the middle of German if maybe you life far away from Munich :)
    Schoenen Abend dir
    LG
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete