Saturday 12 August 2017

Back to school

Hi Crafters, 

how are you all? Ready to send your kids back to school?

For us, school starts again on Monday and I am quite sad the holidays are over already. I am not a morning person and the challenge of all three of us trying  to occupy the bathroom at the same time - before coffee - rather gets on my nerves.

So, for the occasion, I'd like to show you a school shaker card I created, using a German school themed stamp set. It includes a blackboard, a globe and many, many, little school related items, like pens, books, rulers, scissors, a smartphone, even tiny paper clips. 

I wanted to use a whole lot of these in a shaker window, so I stamped and coloured them with alcohol markers. Fuzzy cutting them was a bit of a nuisance, but I did it anyway...

Then I used embossing paste and my much loved brick wall stencil, to get some structure on the white card base. While that dried, I stamped the blackbord on a white panel and created the shaker window. 

I wanted to use the sentiment in the set, which reads "Have lots of fun at school", but I fidgeted quite a bit on the where and how to place it. In the end I setteled on a black strip all across the shaker panel and white heat embossing. I embellished the sentiment with the globe, which I adhered with foam tape. 

Looking back, I probably should have chosen a black panel behind the shaker, to make it look more like a blackboard, but then I would have had to colour the shaker elements much lighter.


So that's it for now, enjoy the rest of the holidays.
Ela



Challenges:
Night Shift Stamping: Anything goes 
Simon says Stamp: For a  Child

3 comments:

  1. Sehr schöne Karte, mit viel Liebe zum Detail
    Danke für´s zeigen bei NSS

    LG; Sylke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool und super schön. Danke für Deine wunderbare Inspiration bei NSS.
    Liebe Grüße Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest card. I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp For a Child Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete