Saturday 7 March 2015

Challenge up your life: Challenge #10 Maskulin / Masculine

Hi Crafters, 

it’s challenge time again, over at 

This time, we are challenging you with something that many of us find a bit difficult: To create a masculine card.


Challenge #10 Maskulin / Masculine Card

I decided to create a graffiti style thank you card, using the die cut inlay technique. 

 


I chose one of my new favorite word dies and die cut the word “thanks” from my main panel at an angle. Then I colored it in blue and green, trying to achieve a nice blended effect and pieced all the bits back in, so it would be flat again. To do so, I covered a small piece of ordinary printer paper with adhesive and added it to the back of the panel, behind the word. This way, you don’t need to bother with glue on all the small pieces.

Then I chose a few thanks you sentiment stamps and stamped them in black, grey, blue and green over and along the die cut word. When all was stamped I glued the panel on top of a white card base.

I didn’t like the first try that much, so I created a similar panel, using fewer stamps and a better arrangement. This panel I cut a bit smaller than my standard card and adhered it to a bright green card base. Which one do you like better?

I happened to have colored envelopes that  match perfectly, so I picked those to go with the cards and didn’t add any stamping.


I hope you do join in and have lots of fun with this Challenge.
Love
Ela


3 comments:

  1. That's so beautiful, Ela! I just read the latest post and hope you got some sleep :D
    Hugs,
    Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your other post too and hope you have had genug sleep hehe :)
    and this card is beautiful cool inlaid and cool sentiment Ela
    hugs from Munich

    ReplyDelete