Wednesday 7 May 2014

Unicorn Birthday

Hi Crafters,

here I am again.

Right after I complained, that I don't have an idea for a unicorn card, it came to me... So I managed to create the least urgent card first... Us usual, I am great at setting priorities.

I found a unicorn I liked on the internet and did my best to re-draw it by hand with a copic multiliner on watercolor paper. Then I colored it very lightly with my inktense pencils watered down heavily.

For the background, I wanted a watercolor rainbow, but I feared that I might spoil the unicorn, so I painted the rainbow on a seperate piece of watercolor paper and cut out the unicorn. I left out the greens in the rainbow, because of the color palette on my unicorn.

Then I stamped a sentiment, which unfortunately blurred a little on the paper and created a matching envelop with distress inks. I am not at all happy with my sponging it's very splotchy. But it was the third attempt already and I am sooo tired, it'll have to do. 7-year-olds usually don't look much at the envelop anyway.



As far as my mother's day cards are concerned, I am still entirely without inspiration, especially as I don't have a good sentiment. But I have a plan: It's late tonight, so I'll call it a day and see if I can fit in any craft time tomorrow morning, before I have to mail it. If I don't, I'll just fall back on a general card in my stash, "Alles Liebe" (which loosely translates to "with love") or "Sending hugs".


Sleep tight
Ela

No comments:

Post a Comment