Friday 6 September 2013

Water

Hello Crafters,

I simply loved Kristina's Birthday Fishes card, when I first saw it. The blue and turqoise is a great color combination, and the stampset is so adorable. So I tried to re-create the look for this challenge at Keep it simple:



 However, as I don't own, the stamps or any distress inks or a whole lot of copics, I had to improvise a lot, so my card looks a quite bit different.




 Supplies:
 Stampin' Up Build a Blosson
Heyda "Alles Gute"
Watercolor pencils and crayons
Watercolor paper
Black fine marker
VersaColor Royal Blue
VersaMagic Turqoise Gem
ColorBox Robin's Egg
Top Boss Watermark
Black fine embossing powder
Uniball Signo broad white gel pen
Waterbrush

I used the Build a Blosson solid stamps to create the fish, coloring them with watercolor "crayons" (not sure if this is, they are called Woody 3 in 1, by Stabilo). I traced the outlines and drew in the details with the black marker, freehanded and colored the party hats.

For  the background I tried my best to coax the non-distress inks into distress behaviour, which didn't work to well. Something elso an my Christmas wishlist...
The sentiment stamp has a swirl on it, which I didn't like, so I covered it with washi before inking it up.


Wishing you all a great week-end
Ela

1 comment: