Tuesday 19 August 2014

A butterfly from our holidays

Hey Crafters,

this week, we are on holidays, but I prepared something to upload while we are off to the mountains. I was hoping for some nice weather, so we could go to the lake a lot, but the forecast is bad. So I fear I won't be able to fit in as many outdoor activities as planned. 

Anyway, here's my very clean and simple thank you card. It was inspired by the wonderful butterfly cards Dawn created. I think they are sooo incredibly beautiful.




I stamped the butterfly with Archival Ink and colored the wings with my inktense pencils and very little water. That's no watercolor paper, because I had intended to keep it dry. 

Originally I wanted to stick with the blues, but that looked somewhat boring, so I added a hint of purple to the edges of the wings and also close to the body. 

Because the stamps didn't stamp properly, I also colored the butterfly's body with dark brown  and darkened the sentiment with a copic multiliner.

I really like how it turned out, even though the coloring could be so much more sophisticated. It just cannot compare with my inspiration. 


Hope you have a great time
Ela

No comments:

Post a Comment