Thursday 30 January 2014

Of cats and mice

Hi Crafters out there,

today, I'd like to introduce you to one of my cats, Smokey. She has worried me a lot lately, but today she once again proved to me, that her live is still worth living.
She brought me a mouse that she must have caught within 10 minutes. Such hunter.

I know, no unusual behaviour for a cat, BUT she was never much for hunting so far - or maybe she just didn't bring her kills home. She is a rather old lady by now, about 15 years, chronically ill all her life, one-eyed and toothless and plagued with cancer she has decided in her old age that she is a wild thing after all.

I quite like mice, so I am really sad for the poor thing, but I am none the less proud of my panther. And glad to see that she is still fit enough to catch a mouse.




See you soon
Ela

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing that she is still hunting, given her age and illness. Good for her! Don't feel too bad for the mouse. It's a cat's nature to hunt.

    I have three cats. One is quite a little hunter -- we came home from work one day to find she had brought a live bird into the house! The other two are lazy.

    ReplyDelete