Friday 23 October 2020

Snail mail with water colours

Hello Everyone, 

how are you all? Hope you're still doing well!

This is another card I made ages ago. It was inspired by some fun water coloured backgrounds had seen at the time. I love these cards, so here's my take on this technique.



Initially I wanted to use several stamps in that stamp set. In addition to the letters, there are also snails and mushrooms and a bird. But then I ended up just stamping the letter over and over. I had a rainbow colour scheme in mind, but after I had coloured the first few envelopes, I remembered that the red ZIGs always tend to turn pinkish, so I spontaneously went for blues, green and yellow. Unfortunately I had already coloured in the background, otherwise I would probably have changed that to maybe a light grey.

I think I would have liked that better. 

I created some vellum strips with torn edges (love those) and heat embossed the sentiment in bright green, just  because I had the colour and seldom used it so far. 

I also added the snail and flower and adhered it all to a white card base. To match up the green envelope, I heat embossed a few more little letters in white. I also added a little snail to the flap, but I didn't take a picture of it. 

I really need try this kind of background again, and not allow me to discourage myself from using  the rainbow... 

By the way, I really have an issue with snails and slugs. These stamped ones are pretty much the only sort I can bear to look at, without the impulse to run away screaming. 



Hope you all have a wonderful week-end
Ela






Challenges:
Seize the Birthday: Anything goes Birthday 


  







No comments:

Post a Comment