Monday 27 October 2014

Trick or Treat

Hi Crafters,




Halloween is not traditionally celebrated over here in Germany. The shops of course decorate a lot and sell Halloween decorations and costumes. And many families with kids celebrate it too, but largely it is still considered an "American fashion holiday". Even though it is originally Irish. But I don't think that's commonly known.

Anyway, I have kids so I can wholeheartedly look forward to this year's Halloween party. Last year, Halloween fell on my very long office day, so our celebration spoiled a bit. But this year it's in the autumn holidays, and we have cool plans. We'll be going to a local theme park with the girls. They just can't wait to go, they've been talking about it daily for almost two weeks now.

So yesterday we sat down together to craft. One of them wanted to use her kid's airbrush, but the other joined me in making a Halloween card.



I created a black card base, rounded the bottom corners and added faux stitching. I knew that I wanted to use orange and lilac alcohol markers, therefore I wanted the stitching to be lilac. And my girls have a large set of cheapo gel pens in many different colors. I picked the one that matched best, but it was not very opaque on the black card stock. So I cheated and used a white gel pen as a base, covering it up with the lilac gel pen after the first layer had dried. That worked pretty well, though I don't think you can see the difference in the picture. 

Then I stamped the envelope and a panel of white card stock repeatedly with a border stamp from TAWS. After the ink had dried, I randomly colored individual dots with alcohol markers in Halloween colors.

After I had finished I cut the panel in two, rounded two corners of each and punched five evenly spaced holes to each. Then I laced the two parts together like a shoe and tied a bow. I added both panels to the card base with foam dots.

Then I used the TAWS Monster Mash set to create the top and face of the ghost. The bottom part is hand drawn. I fuzzy cut it out and colored it just a bit with alcohol markers, to give it some dimension, before I adhered it to the panel.

For the sentiment, I used one of my daughters stencils to draw the speech bubble. Then I stamped the German sentiment Süßes oder Saures (which means Trick or Treat) and colored the whole thing with alcohol markers, to pull in the lilac.


Have a great day
Ela



Challenges:
Creative Friday: #114 Halloween
Fusion Card Challenge: Halloween


3 comments:

  1. Auch dieses Kärtchen ist wieder richtig gut geworden! Danke für deine Teilnahme bei creative friday!
    LG,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your ghost!!!! SUPER addition to the FUSION Gallery of cards, LOVE it, thanks for joining us at FUSION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, love that ghost!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete