Sunday 12 October 2014

Another Christmas tag

Hey Crafters,

how are you today?

I had lots of fun making that tag the other day, so I went ahead and created another one.




I cut the tag myself, because I don't have a tag die. Then I stamped a lot of tiny snowflakes all over the tag with Versamark ink and embossed it with fine white embossing powder. When it had cooled I carefully sponged on just a little teal and blue ink, fading out towards all sides. 

Then I die cut a large snowflake from white cardstock and two smaller ones from vellum. I clear embossed the largest snowflake twice to give it a nice shine. 
Then I used a strip of torn vellum to stamp the sentiment on and clear embossed it so the ink wouldn't smudge. To stack the snowflakes onto the vellum  I used a brad and then I adhered the vellum at the back of the tag. To hide the glue I covered the back with another tag of the same size.

As I didn't have a matching ribbon or string I used my inkpads to dye two white pieces of ribbon. I had intened to use the color that matched better after it had dried, but I ended up using both.


Bye
Ela


Challenges:
The Friday Mashup: Tag it!

3 comments:

  1. Ela, what a lovely tag- so soft and delicate like a snowflake. I like how you faded out the sponging to give a muted background. This is great tag to inspire all who play along with the Friday Mashup this week. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ela, your gift tag is just beautiful! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Your sponging is terrific and I love the embossed snowflakes.

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete