Friday 14 February 2014

Fresh daisies and gelli plate monoprinting

Hello crafters,

it's Friday, I am very glad this week is over.

I have to catch up with a few things too. But right now I am just about to leave the house, to pick up my kids, go shopping and visit friends for the rest of the day. Therefore I'll just show you  the very quick card I created today with my new "Fresh daisies" die from Simon's and a monoprint from my frist try in gelli printing.



To tell the truth: I wanted to use blue, but grabbed black instead. And as I already had the color on my gelli plate before I noticed, I tried to make the best of it by adding some white and pink. The tiny bits of blue you can see is a leftover from the print before, which I hadn't cleaned off too well, beause I had planned to use blue again... But in the end I quite liked it.
By the way, this is the 3rd generation print, the first two I did through a stencil. This one was the first without the stencil, to clean off the plate.

I have not yet created a matching envelop, I'll probably do this over the week-end and if I don't forget I'll add a picture.

Wishing you a crafty week-end
Ela

Here is the envelop I promised:


2 comments:

  1. Aber Hallo - das schaut ziemlich cool aus Ela!
    Ist mal was total anderes als die vielen "braven" gestempelten & gestanzten Karten, die man so oft sieht (und auch selbst meistens macht).
    Es macht den Eindruck, als ob das Saubermachen ne Weile gedauert haben könnte... - Bei dem Ergebnis war das aber sicher gut zu verkraften! :-)
    Jetzt bin ich neugierig, was aus den beiden ersten Stenciled-prints geworden ist...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wiebke,

      daraus wurde bisher leider erst ein schicker kleiner to-do Stapel, zusammen mit den anderen Testprints. Leider hat mich die Muse diesbezüglich noch nicht geküsst. Aber gerade heute fühle ich mich superkreativ, daher bin ich zuversichtlich, dass ich damit demnächst noch Karten zeigen kann...

      Ein bisschen eine Schweinerei ist die Technik schon, v.a. sollte man die Schablonen nicht zu lange eintrocknen lassen. Aber das geklecker macht auch eine Menge Spaß. Leider haben das auch meine Töchter erkannt, ich fürchte ich muss sie demnächst auch mal mit Farbe auf das gute Stück loslassen. Hoffentlich muss ich danach nicht renovieren. ;)


      Liebe Grüße
      Ela

      Delete