Friday 27 September 2019

Another Birthday card

Hello Crafters, 

I am running very low on Birthday cards, I will really have to make more in the next weeks, before I have to start my holiday crafting. This one I made a while ago. I gave it to my father-in -law, who liked it enough to keep it on the shelf.

Before I show you this card, I have to make my confession of the day: I am in LOVE with the discontinued Hero Arts background stamp "flower dot pattern". 

I really wish I had that stamp, but I can't get it anywhere anymore. If any of you want to get rid of it, think of me.

Since I can't buy it anymore, I set out to find a similar stamp to use and I actually found one that works for me: the "Wavy Coloring Book Background" stamp by MFT. It's watery instead of flowery, but it works for the things I have in mind for it. 

So, here's my very simple card.



I created a black card base and heat embossed the stamp on watercolour paper. Then I coloured the image with water colour markers (ZIG) and spritzed it with water. After it had dried, I chose a swirly line along which  to cut. The sentiment is from an amazing German stamp set, I really love the quality of these stamps. It's heat embossed in black on a piece of vellum. 

I added the panel to the card front with foam tape and added some sequins to finish it of.
To tie in the vellum strip, I also used a vellum envelope.

So, that's it for today, hope you all have a brilliant day
Love
Ela





Challenges:
Shopping our Stash: #405 Dream the embossible dream
Simon says Stamp: Anything goes
Seize the Birthday: Anything goes Birthday
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment