Saturday 24 August 2019

Gardener's Birthday

Hello Crafters, 

as I mentioned a while ago, my new landlady is a marvel. 

My daughter and I visited her the other day at the optician where she works, and I saw a pair of glasses there I really liked. However, I didn't really need new ones, I wasn't even looking actually, so I didn't buy them. 

Two days later, I brought over some mail I had accepted for her, and she presented me with those glasses, just like that. She had secretly measured my old ones and ordered the new ones with the same parameters. 
Isn't that amazing? I was seriously speechless, she is such a nice person.


I am now very happy, that I already made this card for her upcoming Birthday. Now I need to find a special gift to go with it. And I think I'll bake a cake as well.

Since she has such a big garden and is constantly working in it, I immediately thought of a garden themed card for her. Those planters seemed perfect so I arranged a few of them on watercolour card and coloured them with my ZIGs. As usual, I was very unhappy how it looked during the process, but now I am content with the finished card. 

Initially I meant to use blue to frame the images, but then I thought they would look like they are floating. So I went for green instead, like they are standing on grass .

I added two thin strips of patterned paper with an ombre effect on the card base and adhered the panel on top with foam tape. 




Wishing you a happy day
Ela




Challenges:
Seize the Birthday: Anything goes Birthday 


  







2 comments:

  1. So pretty, Ela ... fabulous colouring ... the green outline is a wonderful hint at surrounding grass! Your sweet landlady will love it! Thanks so much for your visit and kind words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty and special as it is somehow personalized for the recipient. I think green was the best choice for the garden themed card!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete