Saturday 14 October 2017

Challenge up your life: Challenge #77 Arrows

Hello Crafters,

If you have been reading my blog, you might  have noticed, that I hardly ever use patterned paper. Mind you, I love patterned paper, I just can't let go of it. And I am not good at using it on cards, I never seem to know what to do and where to place it. For today's card, I actually did! So it's a double challenge for me because this card is for another challenge at





This time, we are encouraging you to create a card with arrows:


Challenge #77 Arrows



I actually found this one rather challenging indeed. I knew I wanted to use my AladinE StampO Arrow stamp set, because these are pretty much the only arrows I own. And besides I bought them years ago, because they were rather inexpensive, and hardly used them since.




So I started out stamping a panel of different arrows in green ink, but then I was a bit lost as to what else to do. I decided I wanted them to pop out more, so I outlined them with a grey alcohol markers and a blender, creating a shadow.

After that I spent some time pushing it around on a black and grey card base, feeling a bit lost some more, before I remembered that I have seem some really neat layering with several smaller layers lately. Mostly on scrapbook pages, but I decided: I can do that too! So I die cut a stitched panel from green card stock and vellum and from my arrow panel as well and tried to arrange those, but it just wasn't working for me. So I pulled out a leftover piece of that brightly striped patterned paper. I love that one, it's so cheerful. And I have several sheets, so I can actually use it. With a panel of that paper, it finally worked for me, but I wanted a bit extra for the card base, so I pulled out stencil and some clear embossing paste to create a subtle texture. 

I arranged the panels and added a black die cut and a white embossed sentiment strip. It means "Hello how are you?" in German. 

I only recently invested in quite a few German sentiment dies and I really love them. I generally tend towards German sentiments, as I am making cards for friends and family, who mostly don't share my love for the English language.

I adhered the die cut to the black strip, which was in turn adhered with foam tape. So the Hello floating over the panel. I also added a, arrow paper clip, to tie in the arrow motto some more.

For the envelope, I used the same patterned paper and my envelope punch board.


So, now it's up to you, I hope you join us!
Ela



No comments:

Post a Comment