Sunday 30 July 2017

Birthday flowers with Polychromos

Hello everyone, 

Debby posted this wonderful flower card last week, and I instantly fell in love with it.

As always, my first thought was "I need that stamp", but you can't have everything... I decided to use a child free evening and find something in my stash to make it work without spending money.

I stamped the image with Versamark ink and coloured in the flowers with my Polychromos pencils in a similar colour scheme as Debby. 

My craft card stock was a bit too smooth, so I had a hard time laying down as much pigment as I wanted to, all the while thinking it's wouldn't turn out good. And while it certainly cannot compare with Debby's original, I am still rather pleased with the end result. 

I had to fidget quite a bit with the final card design. I couldn't use my stitched rectangle dies, because the stamp is so large and I didn't want to cut off too much. I decided to go for an over-sized card base and just a white border on both sides. The stitching is a wonderful detail, but I simply didn't have the supplies. 

The sentiment reads "Today is your Birthday". The first part was stamped with brown ink, the second part was die cut from a scrap piece of paper, that I coloured with the same pencils. I quite like the ombre effect. 

Due to the unusual size of the card, I had to use patterend paper to create an envelope, because my normal cardstock was too small.

As I had some more spare time the next day, I went ahead and did the same again, only with white and yellows on grey card stock. I wanted to try my other idea and adhere the panel at an angle. Also that card stock has bit more of a tooth.
For the card base, I used white wood structure card stock and rounded corners. The sentiments reads "for your Birthday".

So, if you like, tell me which one you prefer, because I am still undecided. 

Lots of love
Ela






1 comment:

  1. Ela your cards are gorgeous! I've never tried colored pencils on kraft but you certainly have inspired me to try it. I also admire you for "finding something in your stash" to use. I am way to quick to buy new products!

    ReplyDelete