Wednesday 28 August 2013

Die drei Fragezeichen - The three Investigators

Hello there,

my godson's birthday is coming up this week-end and he's planning a motto party: The three Investigators. In German "Die drei ???".

My daughters received a rather creative invitation, cut like a magnifying glass with the text in code on it, so we had to decode it first.
Therefore it was plain, that our birthday card needed to be special as well, and fitting for the occasion of course.

So I googled for a nice picture of the three investigators to colour in and came up with this card:




Once again I used my daughters' watercolour pencils and one again am not all that happy with my colouring, especially as I have seen all the beautiful things everyone else has done...
My printer's ink has always been bleeding a little, but since I had to replace the ink cartridge is REALLY bad. In my first attempt, I tried to retrace the lines with my embossing pen, but the image was simply to intricate for that. Or else the pen not fine enough. So I printed and coloured it a 2nd time without embossing and without bothering much with any shading. I just concentrated on keeping away from any printed lines as best as I could.

For the footprints, I free handed a little mask from a post-it note and dabbed on VersaColor brown ink with a sponge dauber, both on the card and the matching envelop.

I also tried to distress the edges of the watercolour paper a little with my scissors, as I don't own a Tim Holtz paper distresser.

Simon Says Stamp is calling for "anything goes" this week, so I'll put my link in there. Sorry to the design team, it's not a picture from the greeting farm, but at least I did some colouring.


So despite the blotchy colouring I'm rather content with my card and hope you'll like it too.

Cheers
Ela

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card! Such a cute and fun image!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete